About the Role
The Driver will be responsible for delivering The Sustainable Green Team Company products from the production plants to various customer locations. The driver will practice safe driving guidelines to avoid accidents and DMV violations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review daily work orders for deliveries.
• Deliver materials to customer and complete delivery paperwork.
• At delivery, review each item on paperwork and verify all materials are accounted for.
• When daily deliveries are done, submit paperwork to the shipping department office.
• Working and driving safely.
• Report any unsafe conditions.
• Pre-trip inspection of service vehicle and maintenance scheduling of that vehicle.
• Once trained, provide training to new Drivers.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1-3 years prior driving experience, CDL Preferred.
• Always abide by all DOT Requirements and guidelines.
• Some knowledge of manufacturing and production plants supplies.
• Ability to think fast.
• Ability to manage time to get the job done.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good math skills are a plus.
• Team Player.
• Clean driving record.
• Customer service experience.
• Ability to safely lift, up to 60 lbs.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• All applicants must pass pre-employment testing, which includes background checks, MVR, and drug testing to qualify for employment.
NOTE: Compensation is based on experience.
• Job requires some extended hours, as needed, to accomplish job requirements.
• Job requires working in a production site which includes load noises, elevated temperatures, and humidity.
• Job requires working in and around machinery/powered equipment and associated safety risks.
• Job requires interaction with all levels within the location and all their direct reports (as needed).
• Job requires interaction with customers to resolve issues.
• Job requires lifting, standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time around a manufacturing and/or warehouse facility as well as on the customer site.
• Sitting for an extended period while driving a motor vehicle.
Note: This document is a general description of the duties involved for the indicated position. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions, duties, or responsibilities of any employee at any time as the need arises. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or of assigned duties.
About the Company
Sustainable Green Team is a provider of environmentally conscious solutions in the arbor care, disposal, and recycling industry. The Company is a wholesale manufacturer and supplier of wood-based mulch and lumber products, operating throughout the Midwest, including Ohio Valley and southeast regions. The Company also provides arbor care, storm recovery services, and environmentally conscious green waste solutions to municipalities, corporations, and consumers in the United States.
National Storm Recovery, LLC, a subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a provider of arbor care, tree trimming, and storm debris clean-up and disposal services throughout the southeastern United States. Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., another subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a well-established manufacturer of mulch and lumber. Mulch Manufacturing also creates proprietary mulch dyes, colorants, and coloring machines through its own R&D division, Nature’s Reflections. This division also houses the Company’s proprietary mulch processing equipment. The consolidation of these two subsidiaries vertically integrates our mulch feedstock supply chain and allows the Company to control the process from harvest to the wholesale and retail sale of mulch and other timber-based products. The Company’s development and distribution of proprietary dyes, colorants, and manufacturing equipment, in combination with a unique ability to source alternate raw materials and to create, acquire and grow additional products and product lines, positions Sustainable Green Team as a leader in its industry.
The Company together with its operating subsidiaries, National Storm Recovery, LLC and Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., is a vertically integrated, next generation mulch manufacturing company, whose operations begin with the acquisition of wood-based, feedstock and other natural materials used for its next-generation soil and mulch products. The acquisition of feedstock through its arbor and lumber businesses is a significant, differentiating, factor of the Company’s operations that sets it apart from and is not shared by its competitors. Benefits include: i) its operations, including the strategic partnership that it has with a large waste management company, have a positive impact on the environment; and ii) the acquisition process for its feedstock is both an additional source of revenue and a lower cost of sales. All companies that produce and sell wood-based mulch require raw feedstock material to produce their finished goods. Most other mulch and soil companies must purchase their feedstock from third party lumber mills at higher costs and cannot control the availability and quality of the various species such as cypress and pine. This forces them to stockpile feedstock inventory, increasing their costs and their business risk, to ensure they have sufficient product availability.