About the Role
This position is responsible for operating forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Pre-inspection of the equipment prior to operation.
• Inspect equipment routinely for operational and/or safety deficiencies.
• Carefully follow all safety procedures.
• Report any mechanical or safety problem with the equipment to the Production Supervisor or Maintenance Personnel.
• Abide by all safety policies, regulations and company procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment.
• Move product from the production line into trailers or to other designated storage locations.
• Place finished pallets on plastic wrap machines and wrap the product as required for shipment.
• Ensure that trailers to be loaded are clean and clear of any foreign debris and otherwise safe for loading.
• Keep the workplace clean, hazard free and organized.
• Responsible for paperwork, proper completion of delivery receipt, bills of lading, completing driver logs.
• Responsible for loading and unloading trailers, containers, vans, and flatbeds.
• Perform any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
• 6 months to 1-year prior experience operating a forklift or must be certified by Company Safety Champion.
• Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Be a team player.
• Be detail oriented.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Flexibility to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced production environment.
• The major activities of the job carried out are outdoors over 50% of the day.
• Unloading and loading trailers over 50% of the day.
• All applicants must pass pre-employment testing, which includes background checks, MVR, and drug testing to qualify for employment.
NOTE: Compensation is based on experience.
• Position requires some extended hours, as needed, to accomplish production requirements.
• Position requires working in manufacturing/warehouse environment which includes high temperatures and humidity.
• Position requires working in and around machinery/powered equipment and pedestrians.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, gasoline fumes, diesel fumes, tight work areas, dampness, noise.
• Job requires interaction with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
• Job requires interaction with all level’s employees.
• Job may require some lifting and sitting for extended periods of time within a production environment.
• Standing, walking, stopping, climbing, pushing, pulling, kneeling, lifting, and carrying up to 40 lbs.
• Use of tools and several types of equipment including, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Wheels Chocks, Dock Plates, Straps, Pick Up Trucks, Portable Ramp, Portable Palletizer.
Note: This document is a general description of the duties involved for the indicated position. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions, duties, or responsibilities of any employee at any time as the need arises. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or of assigned duties.
About the Company
Sustainable Green Team is a provider of environmentally conscious solutions in the arbor care, disposal, and recycling industry. The Company is a wholesale manufacturer and supplier of wood-based mulch and lumber products, operating throughout the Midwest, including Ohio Valley and southeast regions. The Company also provides arbor care, storm recovery services, and environmentally conscious green waste solutions to municipalities, corporations, and consumers in the United States.
National Storm Recovery, LLC, a subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a provider of arbor care, tree trimming, and storm debris clean-up and disposal services throughout the southeastern United States. Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., another subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a well-established manufacturer of mulch and lumber. Mulch Manufacturing also creates proprietary mulch dyes, colorants, and coloring machines through its own R&D division, Nature’s Reflections. This division also houses the Company’s proprietary mulch processing equipment. The consolidation of these two subsidiaries vertically integrates our mulch feedstock supply chain and allows the Company to control the process from harvest to the wholesale and retail sale of mulch and other timber-based products. The Company’s development and distribution of proprietary dyes, colorants, and manufacturing equipment, in combination with a unique ability to source alternate raw materials and to create, acquire and grow additional products and product lines, positions Sustainable Green Team as a leader in its industry.
The Company together with its operating subsidiaries, National Storm Recovery, LLC and Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., is a vertically integrated, next generation mulch manufacturing company, whose operations begin with the acquisition of wood-based, feedstock and other natural materials used for its next-generation soil and mulch products. The acquisition of feedstock through its arbor and lumber businesses is a significant, differentiating, factor of the Company’s operations that sets it apart from and is not shared by its competitors. Benefits include: i) its operations, including the strategic partnership that it has with a large waste management company, have a positive impact on the environment; and ii) the acquisition process for its feedstock is both an additional source of revenue and a lower cost of sales. All companies that produce and sell wood-based mulch require raw feedstock material to produce their finished goods. Most other mulch and soil companies must purchase their feedstock from third party lumber mills at higher costs and cannot control the availability and quality of the various species such as cypress and pine. This forces them to stockpile feedstock inventory, increasing their costs and their business risk, to ensure they have sufficient product availability.