About the Role
The position is for a Heavy Equipment/Loader Operator. The Equipment Operator will operate a Volvo L110 machine. Responsible for understanding all functions of the equipment. The Operator is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain safe work practices always.
• The operator will load yard trucks, mulch hoppers, and grinders.
• Appear on-time and dressed ready for work daily.
• Maintain and Clean assigned equipment regularly.
• Coordinate all work in the field with management and client.
• Report any accidents or safety concerns.
• Maintain conformity to safety requirements and other regulations.
• Assist in all job functions as a member of the crew.
• Explore new ways to improve processes within the department.
• Cross train on other duties to enhance flexibility.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Prefer a minimum of 1 year’s experience required.
• Prefer having Excavator and Vermeer machines experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to work safely around moving machinery.
• Able to work in conditions with marked changes in temperature & humidity.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• All applicants must pass pre-employment testing, which includes background checks, MVR, and drug testing to qualify for employment.
NOTE: Compensation is based on experience.
• Job requires some extended hours, as needed, to accomplish job requirements.
• Job requires working outdoors environment which includes elevated temperatures and humidity.
• Job requires working in and around machinery/powered equipment and associated safety risks.
• Job requires interaction with various trees and forestry locations.
• Job requires interaction with customers to resolve issues.
• May require traveling to various locations.
• Job requires sitting and driving for extended periods of time.
• Lifting and moving equipment, trees, and wood.
Note: This document is a general description of the duties involved for the indicated position. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions, duties, or responsibilities of any employee at any time as the need arises. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or of assigned duties.
About the Company
Sustainable Green Team is a provider of environmentally conscious solutions in the arbor care, disposal, and recycling industry. The Company is a wholesale manufacturer and supplier of wood-based mulch and lumber products, operating throughout the Midwest, including Ohio Valley and southeast regions. The Company also provides arbor care, storm recovery services, and environmentally conscious green waste solutions to municipalities, corporations, and consumers in the United States.
National Storm Recovery, LLC, a subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a provider of arbor care, tree trimming, and storm debris clean-up and disposal services throughout the southeastern United States. Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., another subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a well-established manufacturer of mulch and lumber. Mulch Manufacturing also creates proprietary mulch dyes, colorants, and coloring machines through its own R&D division, Nature’s Reflections. This division also houses the Company’s proprietary mulch processing equipment. The consolidation of these two subsidiaries vertically integrates our mulch feedstock supply chain and allows the Company to control the process from harvest to the wholesale and retail sale of mulch and other timber-based products. The Company’s development and distribution of proprietary dyes, colorants, and manufacturing equipment, in combination with a unique ability to source alternate raw materials and to create, acquire and grow additional products and product lines, positions Sustainable Green Team as a leader in its industry.
The Company together with its operating subsidiaries, National Storm Recovery, LLC and Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., is a vertically integrated, next generation mulch manufacturing company, whose operations begin with the acquisition of wood-based, feedstock and other natural materials used for its next-generation soil and mulch products. The acquisition of feedstock through its arbor and lumber businesses is a significant, differentiating, factor of the Company’s operations that sets it apart from and is not shared by its competitors. Benefits include: i) its operations, including the strategic partnership that it has with a large waste management company, have a positive impact on the environment; and ii) the acquisition process for its feedstock is both an additional source of revenue and a lower cost of sales. All companies that produce and sell wood-based mulch require raw feedstock material to produce their finished goods. Most other mulch and soil companies must purchase their feedstock from third party lumber mills at higher costs and cannot control the availability and quality of the various species such as cypress and pine. This forces them to stockpile feedstock inventory, increasing their costs and their business risk, to ensure they have sufficient product availability.