About the Role
This position is for a Maintenance Mechanic, who is responsible for keeping all equipment operating properly and safely. This person will be required for installing new equipment and preventive maintenance. The primary responsibility is for keeping all production equipment up and running in proper condition to meet production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspect equipment routinely for operational and/or safety deficiencies and make required repairs and modifications in a timely manner.
• Carefully follow all safety procedures while working on any equipment.
• Ensure that all tools are used properly and safely and in accordance with industrial standards.
• Abide by all safety policies, regulations and company procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment.
• Purchase required parts and supplies in the most cost-effective manner with approval from the Production Manager.
• Be accountable for inventories of spare parts, tools, and supplies.
• Follow all routine schedules for performing routine maintenance.
• Keep the workplace clean, hazard free and organized.
• Performs LOTO as required.
• Comply with all company rules and policies
• Report any safety concerns to management immediately.
• Perform any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned
• Position requires a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Employee is required to be able to read a write the English language.
• Employee must have two years maintenance experience.
• Preferred welding and hydraulic training and experience.
• High Voltage electrical experience and/or training desirable.
• Truck maintenance and/or engine maintenance training or experience is desirable.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• All applicants must pass pre-employment testing, which includes background checks, MVR, and drug testing to qualify for employment.
NOTE: Compensation is based on experience.
• Position requires some extended hours, as needed, to accomplish production requirements.
• Position requires working in manufacturing/warehouse environment which includes elevated temperatures and humidity.
• Position requires working in and around machinery/powered equipment.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, gasoline fumes, diesel fumes, tight work areas, dampness, noise.
• Job requires interaction with all level’s employees.
• Must be able to repetitively lift up to sixty pounds.
• Job may require repetitive movement within a production environment.
Note: This document is a general description of the duties involved for the indicated position. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions, duties, or responsibilities of any employee at any time as the need arises. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or of assigned duties.
About the Company
Sustainable Green Team is a provider of environmentally conscious solutions in the arbor care, disposal, and recycling industry. The Company is a wholesale manufacturer and supplier of wood-based mulch and lumber products, operating throughout the Midwest, including Ohio Valley and southeast regions. The Company also provides arbor care, storm recovery services, and environmentally conscious green waste solutions to municipalities, corporations, and consumers in the United States.
National Storm Recovery, LLC, a subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a provider of arbor care, tree trimming, and storm debris clean-up and disposal services throughout the southeastern United States. Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., another subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a well-established manufacturer of mulch and lumber. Mulch Manufacturing also creates proprietary mulch dyes, colorants, and coloring machines through its own R&D division, Nature’s Reflections. This division also houses the Company’s proprietary mulch processing equipment. The consolidation of these two subsidiaries vertically integrates our mulch feedstock supply chain and allows the Company to control the process from harvest to the wholesale and retail sale of mulch and other timber-based products. The Company’s development and distribution of proprietary dyes, colorants, and manufacturing equipment, in combination with a unique ability to source alternate raw materials and to create, acquire and grow additional products and product lines, positions Sustainable Green Team as a leader in its industry.
The Company together with its operating subsidiaries, National Storm Recovery, LLC and Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., is a vertically integrated, next generation mulch manufacturing company, whose operations begin with the acquisition of wood-based, feedstock and other natural materials used for its next-generation soil and mulch products. The acquisition of feedstock through its arbor and lumber businesses is a significant, differentiating, factor of the Company’s operations that sets it apart from and is not shared by its competitors. Benefits include: i) its operations, including the strategic partnership that it has with a large waste management company, have a positive impact on the environment; and ii) the acquisition process for its feedstock is both an additional source of revenue and a lower cost of sales. All companies that produce and sell wood-based mulch require raw feedstock material to produce their finished goods. Most other mulch and soil companies must purchase their feedstock from third party lumber mills at higher costs and cannot control the availability and quality of the various species such as cypress and pine. This forces them to stockpile feedstock inventory, increasing their costs and their business risk, to ensure they have sufficient product availability.