About the Role
This position is for trees sales business. The person is to be responsible to communicate directly with new and existing customers to explain all services offered. As a Salesperson (Arborist), you will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction, estimating job costs, and representing the company in the most professional manner. Maintaining effective communication and daily in-person appointments with customers and prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for all areas of sales within a defined territory, including selling, marketing, customer service, administration, production.
• Meet with existing and potential residential and commercial clients daily to evaluate
tree and shrub care needs.
• Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships within the
• Prepare and provide proposals to clients utilizing sales process tools, software, and other technologies We will provide you a format for proposals.
• Supervise work to be performed, ensuring jobs are completed based on the signed contract.
• Responsible for enforcing all safety, transportation compliance programs.
• Keeping track of cold calling and supervising crews with forms provided.
• Communication with management team regarding crews’ performance and pace of
• You will be first contact for all emergency jobs related to municipal contracts.
• The Salesperson will be 2nd in line to respond to calls if we receive multiple calls during storms.
• We will assist you in obtaining ISA Certification and TCIA certifications to help advance your career.
• Submits sales reports to management.
• Analyzes and interprets records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred for management.
• Contacts prospects and explains features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques. Calculates and quotes prices.
• Treat all Company information as confidential.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 1-2 years’ experience in a previous Sales position preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and professional attitude.
• Highly self-motivated individual.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Past Sales experience a plus.
• Commercial experience a plus.
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize tasks.
• Understands sales reports and activities.
• Proficiency in English and in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Be a Team player.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• All applicants must pass pre-employment testing, which include background checks, MVR, and drug testing to qualify for employment.
NOTE: Compensation is based on experience.
• The work environment temperature varies.
• Position requires traveling to various worksites and customer locations.
• Position requires interaction with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
• Position requires interaction with all levels of employees.
Note: This document is a general description of the duties involved for the indicated position. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions, duties, or responsibilities of any employee at any time as the need arises. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or of assigned duties.
About the Company
Sustainable Green Team is a provider of environmentally conscious solutions in the arbor care, disposal, and recycling industry. The Company is a wholesale manufacturer and supplier of wood-based mulch and lumber products, operating throughout the Midwest, including Ohio Valley and southeast regions. The Company also provides arbor care, storm recovery services, and environmentally conscious green waste solutions to municipalities, corporations, and consumers in the United States.
National Storm Recovery, LLC, a subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a provider of arbor care, tree trimming, and storm debris clean-up and disposal services throughout the southeastern United States. Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., another subsidiary of Sustainable Green Team, is a well-established manufacturer of mulch and lumber. Mulch Manufacturing also creates proprietary mulch dyes, colorants, and coloring machines through its own R&D division, Nature’s Reflections. This division also houses the Company’s proprietary mulch processing equipment. The consolidation of these two subsidiaries vertically integrates our mulch feedstock supply chain and allows the Company to control the process from harvest to the wholesale and retail sale of mulch and other timber-based products. The Company’s development and distribution of proprietary dyes, colorants, and manufacturing equipment, in combination with a unique ability to source alternate raw materials and to create, acquire and grow additional products and product lines, positions Sustainable Green Team as a leader in its industry.
The Company together with its operating subsidiaries, National Storm Recovery, LLC and Mulch Manufacturing, Inc., is a vertically integrated, next generation mulch manufacturing company, whose operations begin with the acquisition of wood-based, feedstock and other natural materials used for its next-generation soil and mulch products. The acquisition of feedstock through its arbor and lumber businesses is a significant, differentiating, factor of the Company’s operations that sets it apart from and is not shared by its competitors. Benefits include: i) its operations, including the strategic partnership that it has with a large waste management company, have a positive impact on the environment; and ii) the acquisition process for its feedstock is both an additional source of revenue and a lower cost of sales. All companies that produce and sell wood-based mulch require raw feedstock material to produce their finished goods. Most other mulch and soil companies must purchase their feedstock from third party lumber mills at higher costs and cannot control the availability and quality of the various species such as cypress and pine. This forces them to stockpile feedstock inventory, increasing their costs and their business risk, to ensure they have sufficient product availability.